Kathi Edwards, Learning Evangelist…a Lifelong Learner Who Passionately Believes in the Power of Learning.
Kathi has been a consultant since 2003. As she states, “consulting is fun when you are able to explore ways to overcome a challenge and help figure something out. It is particularly gratifying to work with clients to ask the questions “why?” or “what if…?” and then explore the possibilities.”
Before turning to consulting, Kathi spent 25 years working in five distinctly different trade and professional associations. Across these organizations, Kathi led staff departments in professional development, convention and meeting planning, marketing, membership, and communications. These experiences provided project diversity which was the perfect training ground for her consulting work. As a member of the CommPartners family, Kathi will assist clients in planning their education strategy and initiatives.
- 8 years as an independent consultant specializing in creating effective learning environments and strategies (2003-present)
- Qualified assessor for the American National Standards Institute’s (ANSI) Certificate Accreditation Program, based on ASTM E2659-09, Standard Practice for Certificate Programs (2009-present)
- Facilitator for The American Society for Training and Development’s 3-day, face-to-face Training Certificate Program (2007-present)
- Creator of and facilitator for The American Society for Training and Development’s 3-part webinar Essentials of Coaching SMEs to Facilitate Learning (2009-present)
- A lifetime of ‘serial volunteering’ in civic, community, and professional organizations, including multi-year stints on two American Society of Association Executives section councils: Communications and Professional Development (one year as PD chair)
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) since 1989
Kathi Edwards brings more than 25 years of experience in education strategy and instructional design to CommPartners’ clients.
My favorite questions are ‘why’ and ‘what if.’ That’s how you discover great new possibilities.