Which Platform is Right for You?
Learning models are not one-size-fits-all. That’s why CommPartners offers two powerful platforms for engaging communities through education – MemberSight™ Community and MemberSight™ LMS. We’ll help you match the right platform to your goals and business requirements.
The Optimal Selection Depends on a Number of Factors:
- How critical is social learning to your organization? Social learning is being discussed regularly within the field of professional development. It recognizes the evolution of peer engagement, blended with subject matter-led learning, to create impactful educational experiences. It fosters active interaction around content. It has no barriers to time and place. MemberSight™ Community is our recommendation for organizations prioritizing social learning.
- Do you currently have a private social community? If your organization has a social community we will work with you to support your current resources with a complementary learning portal that leverages the investment you already made. This may lead to either of our two platform options.
- Is your community practicing social media? Do members easily share information and best practices? Do they value opportunities to network and engage in collaborative discussions? MemberSight™ Community fosters interaction around courses, webinars, articles and on-demand presentations. At its core is the notion that “I can learn just as much from someone in my community as I can from a subject matter expert.”
- Is the primary purpose of your education focused on occupational training? Training tends to be a formal process for teaching particular skills or sharing specific knowledge about a topic. In many cases, training can be accomplished in more solitary environments, on one’s own schedule. Learning tends to be more interactive, open and non-structured. If training is at the core of your education program, than MemberSight™ LMS may be more appropriate.
- Are you establishing a learning community of practice? By nature, these communities tend to thrive in interactive, social environments. MemberSight™ Community optimally supports collaborative groups.
- Do you require a platform that supports SCORM? If you are seeking a Learning Management Solution that supports SCORM, MemberSight™ LMS is the ideal choice.