Providing Continuity through Extended Live Online Learning
Traveling to onsite education and training venues is challenging for many members of our communities. Airline fees continue to rise and it is difficult to find time to attend multiday remote programs. To help address this challenge, CommPartners developed Symposium – our virtual classroom solution.
Symposium is the ideal online classroom environment and provides access to live online programs, conversations, resources, polls, handouts, and multimedia. It is perfect for learning opportunities that require an immersed learning experience, over a period of typically four to six weeks.
Ideal for Conversion of Multiday Onsite Training Programs to Multiple Week Online Classes
Training programs can be restructured to support live learning, over the Web. A two to three day training can be restructured to combine formal virtual sessions that last an hour or two, with social learning through peer engagement.
Continuity in Learning, Combining Self-Paced Education with Live Online Sessions
Symposium provides an enduring course presence that becomes a collaborative training room allowing participants to interact, share resources and best practices and participate in a live program that brings them together in real-time.
CommPartners Producers Support Each Program
An assigned Symposium producer can help design the curriculum, develop the course home and manage the various content elements. The producer represents an extension of your staff.
CommPartners Symposium Blended Learning Solutions Include:
Course Environment That Stimulates Learning
- Designed for learner immersion programs
- Custom tabbed format that can be personalized for each course experience
- Curriculum and session branding
- Access to live sessions within the classroom setting
- Course discussions on all levels: faculty to class, student to student, and faculty to student
- Resource area that can include live and static documents, multimedia files, website links and self-paced presentations
- Email updates on changes within the class including new resources or discussions
Dynamic Web Event Platform for Live Sessions
- Annotation & whiteboard
- Presentation and document sharing
- Flip chart
- Multiple webcams
- Social media collaboration
- Q & A and conversation zones
- Breakout group support
- Links and resources
Program Consulting and Production
- Pre-course preparation, design and setup
- Program strategy
- Session moderation
- Testing and certification
- Multimedia production
- Post event editing and posting of archives sessions